Granite's beauty is unmatched and has many qualities that just can not be found in other products. It is heat resistant, scratch resistant, and easy toclean, making it a great surface for your kitchen or bathroom.
Below you will find links to all of our granite suppliers. Granite is always changing, so we have made it easy for you to check out the very latest inventory from our suppliers. We also have a huge selection of granite right here at our shop that you are welcome to see at your convenience.
- Our suppliers (Click their links for current inventory, Granite is constantly changing!)
Granite is an igneous rock that makes up 70-80% of earth's crust. It is formed over hundreds, thousands, and even millions of years as a result of molten rock or lava cooling and solidifying. It contains mostly crystals of quartz, Feldspar, Mica and other minerals.
- Pits and Fissures are common in granite, and are to be expected when buying natural stone products, they are not structural defects and will not effect the function or durability of the stone.
- Granite is very scratch resistant, however, we do recommend using a cutting board to be safe, not only to protect the surface of the granite, but also to protect the edge on your knives.
- Granite is very heat resistant, but we recommend that you use trivets or hot pads to be on the safe side, especially around seams. Although very rare, the Mica and Feldspar minerals in the granite could chip out when extreme heat is applied.
- Your granite counters are very hard and durable, but not unbreakable! We do not recommend standing or sitting on your tops since granite has no flexibility. A flex in granite means a break!
- Granite does require a sealant to keep food particles, bacteria, and liquids from soaking into the stone. Most sources recommend that you re-seal your stone every 12 months, however, we have found that our sealer is lasting for many years before needing to be re-done. It is also a good idea to use a good 3-in-1 cleaner periodically. These products smell good, they make your granite feel very smooth, and also contain a sealer. If water does not bead up on the surface it is time to reseal!